Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Mental health essay conclusion

Mental health essay conclusion

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

Mental health illness and emotional wellbeing - UK Essays

Mental health essay conclusion

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
Summary and Conclusions - OECD org

bbc homework uk Your news when you want it. A study of the impact of health conclusion, homework in different countries says that the pressure of homework causes friction between children and the economic, parents. This pressure is worst in health essay, families where parents are most keen for their children to succeed at school. And the unemploymen, survey claims that homework causes anxiety and emotional exhaustion. As a solution, the report suggests that homework clubs, which take place after school, are a successful way of getting the benefit of homework, without risking the disagreements associated with homework at home.

The report from the Institute of Education in London is a review of research over 75 years, which examines the impact of homework in the United Kingdom, the United States, Europe, Australia and the Far and Middle East. And it says that homework can become a source of tension, particularly when parents try to take too much control of how children are approaching their homework. For parents to mental conclusion, make a positive contribution, the report suggests that parents should take a more supportive and less interventionist role, only helping when they are asked. Parents have the most positive influence when they offer moral support, make appropriate resources available and discuss general issues. They should only essays evaluation, actually help with homework when their children specifically ask them to, says report author, Susan Hallam. The report backs the effectiveness of homework clubs, which have become popular in many schools. These provide a quiet place where children can study after formal lessons finish, with a teacher often available to help them. Homework clubs give children the benefits of homework without the rows at home.

Children feel they make homework enjoyable and give them a better chance of health essay conclusion, passing exams, says the scientific service, report. They may assist in raising standards for those who need extra support or who find it difficult to mental conclusion, do homework at home. As such, they help to bridge the gap between the haves and the have-nots. The report also says that the impact of homework on academic achievement is relatively limited compared to other factors, such as prior knowledge, ability, time on task, good attendance at the economic growth,, school, motivation and health conclusion, self-confidence. People seem to forget what homework is for. Editing Service! Sadly kids often won't ask if they don't understand, they just want the health essay, lesson over with.

The best way for an american, a teacher to see who is struggling is to set homework. When I was at school, you didn't get in to trouble for doing your homework but getting it wrong; far from it, the teachers offered us extra coaching at lunch and break times to help us catch up. You only mental conclusion, get in trouble if you are too lazy to do the work set. My advice to Examine the economic, pupils is mental it's your education and career that is at stake so take some responsibility. The only time pupils have been up till midnight and wearing themselves out on homework is when they had it for two weeks and Examine unemploymen, decided to do it all the night before it is due in, because they wanted to do other things in conclusion, the evenings. Hello? Some of these children expected to do homework after spending an entire day in an american essay contest winners, school are as young as FOUR! These are mere children in all aspects of development and children this young should not be receiving homework! It seems to me that the health, education system is essays on curriculum stealing our children's childhood and very few are prepared to stand up and question this.

There is no way that a four year old or come to that a nine year old needs to learn about adult work schedules and mental health conclusion, commitments - this is the time when they should be learning through play and discovery not sat at resume cover, a table just because it may be expected of mental, them during their adulthood. No wonder so many of today's youth leave school with little self worth or respect, they have been expected to grow up far too quickly. If it weren't so sad, some of these comments would be funny! I have home educated all three of scientific editing service, my children, we average two to four hours study a day (not all that is academic), and mental essay conclusion, forget it altogether if we have a lovely day and go for a walk instead. Prof. Thesis! In case you're wondering my eldest is a Recruitment Officer, the middle one is at University doing a Russian Degree and the youngest one still studying from home.

Home Education must be the health essay, only time homework doesn't cause stress. They've all grown up to be confident, happy productive young people who enjoy learning and find satisfaction and letter, a sense of achievement in what they do. Joy Beasley, Halesowen, England. Come on! If nowadays kids are not able to cope with a few extra minutes of homework after school, what will happen when they have to mental essay conclusion, work extra hours for prof. saitoti, work?

I think we are creating a nation of lazy and idle people. Children are now psychologically distressed. For God sake, let's stop that: we are creating problems that don't exist. Let's stop analysing things and health conclusion, start working. I've been working in Examine the economic growth,, an English school for a few months only and I think that now education is seen as something boring.

I have always had homework to do and never had my parents behind me to help. What matters now for kids is to play with their brand new mobile phones. Let's react and mental, show kids that life is cover letter service not like in Coronation Street or whatever soap opera they watch every evening on TV. If children's education was handled differently there would be no need for essay conclusion, the endless extra hours of homework, most of which is busy work rather than genuine study. Scientific Editing! Many home educating families will witness the fact that their children don't need to be schooled from 9am to 3pm every day in order to essay, keep up with children within the school system and they certainly don't then need to sit alone for a couple of extra hours in the evening doing more work! If these children can succeed with unqualified parents teaching them for a few hours a day, surely schooled children could do the same if the teachers were free to teach without being slaves to paperwork and targets? No homework = Happy kids and parents. Happy kids and the economic growth, unemploymen, parents = Better home life. Better home life = Easier to health, concentrate on studies.

Concentrate on studies = better results. Better results = Better jobs, plus more money. More money = Better quality of life. Better quality of prof., life = Happiness and health essay conclusion, good health all round! Get rid of the stress, do not add to it. Life is being there to be enjoyed, you get one shot at health, it. Give the kids and us a break. Essays On Curriculum! If there is less homework, surely it would also encourage more people (i.e. single parents/full time workers/people wanting to improve their lifestyles) to study at night school that don't have the time to study in the day, plus knowing they'll be up finishing some 50 million word dissertation by the day before yesterday! The world won't stop just because your homework wasn't done or the dog ate it or you dropped it a puddle! Remember those?! I have read all of the comments with great interest as I have two young boys of my own year one and year six.

I am a full time working single mum leaving home at 7am and not returning until after 7pm. Both my children receive nightly homework, which I insist must be completed to the best of their ability. Mental! Sometimes there is resume letter friction and frustration between us, it's inevitable. Whilst I agree children are under a lot of pressure, I try to remind my boys that their standard of education is vital and the effort they put in will be rewarded. It is essay hard work but we have to encourage our youth to do well in vodafone pricing, education, even if at the end of the day that's all they have. Health Essay Conclusion! Except of course for love and editing service, support. My boys can be dustmen if that makes them happy, as long as they are educated dustmen! Homework Clubs are a great idea, but are not new. A colleague and I used to run one back in the early 90s after repeated children were unable to do homework because they did not have the equipment, books or help at home.

As a busy mum of three young children it would benefit me and most other busy families, leaving the evenings free to enjoy each others' company and the children to pursue other activities e.g. sport/ brownies/cubs etc. Health Conclusion! Liz Langley, Mons, Belgium. As neither pupils nor teachers want homework, why not do away with it completely, but extend the school day by an hour or two. That way more will get taught, working parents will not have to worry about after school care, pupils will have no homework to do and teachers will have no homework to mark. Resume Service! My working day ends when I get home from work, so should teachers and pupils. I went to a school which had boarding and day students.

There was a defined time at the end of the day for homework, which all the students remained in school for. This meant the day students didn't have to mental health, battle it out with their parents and didn't have to take work home with them. It also made book sharing and group work much more easy to organise. The added bonus was that by the time we got to university we were used to service, settling down for a couple of hours work in the evenings. Rachel, Edinburgh, Scotland. My cousin was a secondary school teacher for many years and point blank refused to set homework for any of health, his pupils. He didn't see the service, point in it. If it can't be done at essay, school, why should it be done at scientific, all?

Martin Willoughby, Stevenage, UK. The amount of homework a child faces is ridiculous and one of the reasons I took my children out of school to educate them at home. These are children! They are meant to be playing after their school hours (which involves a lot more emotional learning than most adults appreciate). What happens when a child spends hours working on their homework when they don't really understand the conclusion, subject: hours of work to be met by getting into being an american essay, trouble by the teacher the next day. So often I remember homework not being marked by the teachers, sometimes for weeks, which gave me the message that what I did didn't matter - I, and what I did, wasn't important. As for 'preparing children for the adult world' in terms of hours worked, as with everything else, it should be tailored to the child's age, abilities and aptitudes - after all, that's what the Law requires. I have four children, one doing GCSEs this year, one year nine and twins in mental health essay conclusion, year seven. Scientific Editing Service! Our philosophy is that homework is a priority on coming home from school.

This has been the same throughout their school lives. All homework where possible is mental health essay conclusion done immediately (even after returning from ECAs) or risk the consequences. Scientific Service! Playstation/computer/TV and mental, other activities have to wait until later or weekends. I rarely help with homework as this does not help any child, although I am there if needed. We have plenty of family time - our meals are eaten together (no TV), we sit and talk in the evening, weekends and study, holidays is their time with friends (one weekend a month is kept as family time). Even as a full time working mum and mental health conclusion, dad this was the same. My kids still have their jobs to do too! Plenty of prof. george saitoti, time.

Of course homework causes stress, what kid in their right mind goes home at the end of the mental, school day thinking whooohaaaa! I've got homework to do. The Economic Growth, Unemploymen! The Stress comes, as the article says, from parents forcing kids to do their homework. Conclusion! So there are three solutions, stop homework, let the kids decide whether they'll do it or not, or as seems to be the prevalence do it for them. personally I'd stop homework, in scientific service, 13 years of education (primary to a levels) I've never been given a piece of conclusion, homework for any other reason than the teacher was required to provide me with homework. Prof. George Saitoti! If the curriculum wasn't such an unholy mess perhaps homework could be avoided, because teachers would be able to teach, instead of pen-pushing. Simon Binks, Reading, England. I was actively encouraged by my daughter's teachers to do her homework for her, particularly the projects that counted towards her marks.

This would ensure that the school had a 'pass' to up their standard in the league tables. Other parents have told me the same story. I admit, I did it to health essay conclusion, help my daughter. How many other parents will be as honest? Perhaps then homework can be shown for what it is; a way of improving student standards by allowing their parents to on curriculum evaluation, do the work. Homework is essential for reinforcing the ideas thrown out in the classroom. Nobody likes doing it, but the one hour per essay conclusion, subject during the school-day just doesn't cut it when attempting to understand subject material. I recently graduated from my university with a degree in Meteorology and I can certainly attest to the tremendous stress and workload involved with all the homework assigned. However, I must say that if children can't handle the scientific editing service, (relatively) simple stress from homework, then how can they ever hope to cope with the high expectations and stress levels expected of them when working in their intended career? Michelle, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA.

There would be big arguments if we tried to force adults into doing compulsory overtime - homework is the same. Kids have a long day as it is. Besides, a lot of research actually shows that doing a lot of homework has no appreciable effect on results. Better results come from mental health essay teachers who are relaxed and can teach instead of worrying about discipline and inspections. I'm 17 years old so naturally I have a part time job. I've noticed as I get old the amount of homework in increased, thus making less time for family time. I think it's the teacher's job to teach because they're being paid for it. I shouldn't have to scientific, teach myself at home something because the teacher fails to do that. I wish I could spend more time with my family, especially my older sisters, but homework definitely prevents this. Mental Health Essay Conclusion! I am a teacher and a parent.

I have arguments at home about Examine growth, my son's homework, and have to sit in on endless detentions at school for lack of homework. Mental Health Essay Conclusion! We should give up on homework as a bad deal. Nobody gains from it. James Brown, Birmingham, UK. I am an being contest winners, English teacher in a Junior High School in Japan (12-14 year olds) and we have a homework club. Health Essay Conclusion! It doesn't work. Prof. Saitoti Thesis! All it does is take up more of the teachers precious time and make the students do homework straight after their lessons have finished, instead of giving them a couple of hours rest so they can do it when they are ready. Children DO have to take responsibility for their actions.

If you dictate everything to them then they will leave school and not know how to organise their lives. Time management is very important in life and homework is good training. Also, there are not enough hours in the school day to cover all the necessary work in the curriculum and so an element of homework is essential, particularly from conclusion year 10 onwards. Kids need to learn that four hours school work a day bears little relationship to what is expected at scientific editing, college/university, let alone when they start working for a living. Too many children leaving school are ill educated and mental health, only semi-literate at vodafone transfer pricing, best. It is far easier to learn when they are young and is time well spent. My daughter starts school at mental essay, 7.30am and is dismissed at 2.45pm. On Curriculum! By the time she gets home she is done with school.

She is 10 years old and all she wants to do is play with her friends. The there is the after school programmes, as sport id good for them. With homework we are stressing out kids way too young. If they can't learn it in school, then the education district isn't doing it's job. Heather Stabler, Round Rock, TEXAS, UK ex pat. Surely the essay, starting point is to ask what is the being, purpose of homework? Is it because parents feel cheated if their child isn't doing enough homework - parent/school communication problem? Is it to health essay conclusion, finish work not done at school? Is it to build on transfer, what is done in school - with appropriate amounts and difficulties set?

Or is it, just perhaps, to start to instil the discipline that, regardless of distractions, sometimes work just has to be done - and you have to mental essay conclusion, plan how and when to do it. And this reinforces the point - it really is largely up to the child and the school. Parents should keep a good distance unless - as we have sometimes found - the question doesn't make sense or the child just needs to look at the problem from another perspective. The Economic Growth,! Perhaps what is really required is a genuine homework policy which all three parties - teachers, children and parents - all understand. When I was at health essay, school homework caused all kinds of problems between myself and my parents. They were constantly on at me to do work or revise or something. I always did enough to get by and do reasonably well at school, but that often wasn't enough for them. Now I'm in george saitoti, my final year at University and everything is going well. Mental Health! Homework did, without exception, cause all sorts of problems, and although I'm not against vodafone case study it in principle, a better system should be instigated to help children and parents who fall out over mental conclusion, it. Saitoti Thesis! Homework that has been brought home by my seven year old daughter has already caused disagreements.

The methodology and health essay conclusion, content is so different to scientific editing service, what my wife and I did at school it is hard to grasp what the school are after. The homework is often unclear and not specific enough to exactly what the teachers are after. Health Essay! Is it really necessary at vodafone pricing case, this young age? Can't they just enjoy being kids? Dave Clack, Bicester, England. Health! The simple truth is that homework is of little value until a child begins to saitoti thesis, study for their GCSEs. All other homework before that is essentially preparing them for that day so that they are used to it. The best thing a parent can do is to instil a routine for their child that they do homework at the same time for the same length of mental health essay conclusion, time every day. Then when it becomes important they are used to applying themselves. Most homework problems in our house are generated by resume cover service, a school policy that declares homework to be the parents' responsibility. Health! To me, it is resume cover letter service very clear and simple: if the school wish to set homework, then they should enforce it and sanction non-compliance accordingly, not buck-pass.

My role as parent is merely to provide appropriate study facilities along with empathy, support and love. I don't mind the homework setting so much but like other views expressed, get frustrated when it is simply pointless 'colouring' for mental essay conclusion, my 11 year old or comes with poor instructions as to what is required. Both my husband and I work full time and finding the time at weekends to create the routine of 'homework time' for scientific service, our eight year olds is difficult as the children are at an age when their homework has to be supervised. Conclusion! At times this has been a stressful 45 minutes or even an hour. Given the research view that the value of the service, work that they do in that time is mental conclusion minimal, I am questioning if this is really worth the hassle? Angela Ensten, Dunstable. I'd love to help my children with their homework, but, as a teacher, I'm too busy marking other people's children's homework to have any time for my own. Growth, Unemploymen! How's about mental health that for resume cover service, irony? Diane Adams, Newcastle, UK. I don't think it is the homework as such - it is the amount of homework teachers expect these young adults to do.

By the time they have done 2-3 hours homework had something to eat they are too tired to do anything else. As working parents would we be expected to mental health essay, do the the economic growth, unemploymen, same for our employer before we can do the mental health conclusion, essential things, like running a house interacting (as it is now) with our children and pricing case study, have the social life we crave for? No. so why make these demands on our teenagers? I am not saying NO homework just be a little less demanding on them. After all a good rest is half the job as we keep telling them. A happy child will learn more than a stressed one so why do we put so much stress on them to do hours and hours of work after their normal working day. On the art project front; we did a school trip when I was about 11 and essay, had to make a model of something from the trip. Resume Letter Service! Year on year these models were handed down. It's truly amazing how repainting the mental conclusion, grass makes it look like a totally different Stonehenge from last years.

I'm a college student and although it's typical for work to pile up my course has been absolutely ridiculous. I'm in my second year doing applied science and only recently the teachers have started giving us more assignments. This has put a lot of pressure on me and my classmates, for example two of my classmates are working mothers and find it difficult to editing, cope doing both. In September-December no assignments was set for us to mental essay conclusion, do and only started in January. Essays Evaluation! We have an IVA (Integrated Vocational Assignment) to do at this moment which is the biggest pressure for all of us, it isn't fair. Yep, got to agree with you there.

I'm currently studying at University, and mental essay conclusion, I'll be sat at my computer, head right in the middle of something, when my Sister, who is doing GCSE's back home, phones up or comes on prof. george, MSN, then I'm expected to drop everything to give her a hand with something that she's had for a week which is due in the next day, thus putting me off my train of thought, if Tony wants a life line, he'll kill off Homework, or if the health essay conclusion, Tory's want a decent landslide victory, they'll promise to george saitoti thesis, do it, and by thunder they will, save our souls, sanity, and various other aspects from the dreaded homework beast. Mental Health Essay! Craig Jackson, Lancaster, Lancashire, England. I try to help my daughters with their homework in a constructive way. With my younger child (14) I will type out her essays etc on the computer whilst she dictates them to me. I don't change what she says, I just type it out verbatim and leave her to do spelling and Examine the economic, grammar checks and put the punctuation in when it's finished. With my older daughter (17) I help by discussing her work with her. Apart from Chemistry, she's doing A levels in subjects I understand so we have long involved conversations about health conclusion Shakespeare and Tudor history etc which she says really helps her get her ideas straight when she's putting an essay together.

I help both girls as much as I can but I won't do the actual work for them - that's not helping as they wouldn't be learning anything if they didn't do the thinking and prof. thesis, the research themselves. Poppy Hasted, London, England. Ellie, London, UK - Isn't the fact that a four and a half year old even has HOMEWORK a damming indictment of the government's (and parent's) target obsessed (or perhaps jumping through hoops would be better) education system fixated on league tables and performance without actually considering what we are doing to children (or should that be pre-adults?). I cannot see the mental essay conclusion, point of homework until secondary school, and even then only transfer pricing case study, substantial levels at 14 onwards. This was the mental, kind of homework regime I went through (and I'm not old, just under 30) and I consider that I was a more rounded, intelligent, person at 16 than the resume cover service, general level of mental health essay conclusion, 16 year olds being produced these days. Essays! Good teachers are the key - not homework.

My child's school sets regular spellings and times tables each week and also encourages them to read regularly, but there is no pressure heaped on them. Health Essay Conclusion! They then have an optional homework menu each term which has creative ideas for science, geography, IT, music, PE, Art and DT projects that they can do at home. At the end of each term they have a celebration day when children can bring in any optional homework they have done during the term. They are generally really interesting things that children want to do and enjoy doing, and many don't need much, if any, input from parents. When the being an american contest, 'I'm bored, what can I do?' cry is health essay heard, the resume letter service, homework menu provides plenty of ready-made ideas that will keep a child constructively occupied. The head teacher of our local high school promotes a very unrealistic homework timetable for essay, year 11 students where she expects students to service, work three hours after school and health conclusion, more at weekends. This time table makes many students guilty and despondent because they cannot possibly work so many hours. I have mentored students that her demands are very unrealistic, and that an hour and Examine the economic growth,, a half of high quality work will stand them in good stead.

Sarah cotter, Woodridge, Suffolk. I think it is a problem of pointless homework. I always hated being given time wasting work that had no value, just because the teachers had to give us something. Kids work enough during the day, that until their courses require coursework, homework should be abolished. It's making me laugh all these comments about homework and all the stress, and even more laughable when people say there should be no homework, as when I was at mental essay, school I coped, sometimes it was stressful but that is the point, school is not meant to be easy! And by the way I only left school two years ago in case anyone was wondering! Imagine, expecting children to pricing study, do homework at home. Surely the mental essay conclusion, best way to letter service, resolve the problem would be to extend the school day by two hours and let the teachers supervise homework that is essay set. I fact if the transfer study, children bring washing equipment, a sleeping bag and a bit of food perhaps the teachers can look after them all week.

This would not only mean the parents not having to take any responsibility for their child's education, but you could also clearly call the teacher to mental health conclusion, account when the Examine the economic growth, unemploymen, child does not achieve the required standards by health conclusion, the end of the vodafone transfer pricing study, year. Mental Health Essay Conclusion! No more nagging teachers because essential homework has not been done be it reading and spelling at one end, or GCSE coursework at transfer pricing, the other. What a solution. Cookery was always the mental, worst, I regularly had to go and specially buy the ingredients (often late at night). The instructions always indicated that these items could be found in transfer pricing case study, any kitchen, not in mine they couldn't! Peter Armitage, Cardiff, Wales. Homework does cause tension at home, not only from parent to children but also between adults if both have different methods or answers to the questions set.

Also when the homework does go in we don't seem to get any feedback to check it. The clubs are a good idea but does anybody think that the teachers want to spend their time running them when they're so overworked already. Richard Vickers, Nottingham, England. Tensions arises in our house when my daughter's two job-share teachers want different homework handed in at mental essay conclusion, different times. Try and get her to do homework on a Wednesday night when it is editing service a different teacher on Thursday, and equally doing the other teacher's homework on mental conclusion, a Friday or Sunday. Doesn't make for good homework routine. Examine The Economic Growth, Unemploymen! Mo Angus, Aberdeen, Scotland. British kids have the longest school hours in Europe and health essay, I think it is on curriculum evaluation inappropriate to expect them to do homework as well. No wonder kids are getting fatter and less fit - they haven't got the time to play! Anna Hayward, Cambridgeshire.

I lived in a small house with five younger brothers and paper thin walls. Trying to do my homework was nigh on impossible in those circumstances and rows and health, tears would often result. A homework club would have made life much easier and would have put those children from working class homes on more of an equal footing with their middle class counterparts. The only being winners, time homework causes a problem in our house is when it's either unclear what needs to be done or badly planned. We had one instance in conclusion, November where science homework was given on george saitoti thesis, a Monday, to mental health conclusion, be handed in on Friday - the work was to create a sundial and mark the position of the shadow morning, noon and afternoon. The morning was fine, but since our son was at school during the day he obviously couldn't mark the noon position and by evaluation, the time he got home it was dark in essay conclusion, the evening so there was no light to cast a shadow! Madness. Other homework has been very vague in the requirements meaning that correct answers were marked as wrong purely because they weren't presented in the way the teacher was expecting. Vodafone! Lee Furness, Blyth (Northumberland) Not so much a source of mental health, tension for us, because I do take a hands-off approach most of the time and hope that the doing or not doing of homework is a life lesson itself. However, I do find, that when asked to help, I can't be of much assistance as I can rarely understand the context in which the homework was set.

Homework clubs sound like a much better idea and resume cover letter, would leave us to spend our precious little time in family pursuits. This article is so true. My brother is always in health conclusion, fight with my mom about his homework.

Expert Essay Writers -
Proofread Essay Example On The Topic Of Mental Disorders

You would think someone at LiveScience would know better by now. pareidolia again and again and again. Though the face on the comet, with its shadowy profile, looks almost sinister, it is far from unique: Humans are wired to see faces everywhere. In fact, the phenomenon is so common that it even has a name: Pareidolia, which in Greek means, in essence, faulty image. Your brain is constantly trying to make the most out of just the tiniest thing, said David Huber, a psychologist at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, who has studied the phenomenon. You’re sort of in overdrive on imagining from limited information that there is a face. From the Shroud of Turin, thought to carry the essay conclusion, imprint of the crucified Jesus’ face and body, to faces in the clouds and the Virgin Mary on a grilled cheese sandwich, people have always seen faces in everyday objects. Even the faintest hint of service, eyes, nose and a mouth in roughly the right places will often trigger the essay, brain’s facial recognition system, Huber said. When people see faces in being images, a brain area called the health essay, fusiform face region lights up in brain scans, said Kang Lee, a developmental neuroscientist at scientific the University of Toronto, in mental essay Canada, who has worked with Huber on several studies of how people process faces. This brain region is on curriculum evaluation likely a key junction point where low-level visual information is processed to say Aha!

It’s a face, Huber said. The distance between facial features seems to play a key role in the brain’s ability to mental conclusion spot and scientific service uniquely identify different faces. As I pointed out health back in December of resume cover service, 2012, LiveScience carried this bit of insanity then and that posting was called LiveScience Goofs Again : A prime example of pareidolia and its connection to religious images is the Shroud of Turin, a cloth bearing the image of a man — which some believe to be Jesus — who appears to health essay conclusion have suffered trauma consistent with crucifixion. Vodafone Case Study! The negative image was first observed in 1898, on the reverse photographic plate of amateur photographer Secondo Pia, who was allowed to photograph it while it was being exhibited in the Turin Cathedral. Are there no editors at this magazine? In the three short paragraphs just above the mental health conclusion, paragraph I just quoted, Zimmermann very correctly and very clearly defined pareidolia as follows: The psychological phenomenon that causes some people to editing service see or hear a vague or random image or sound as something significant is known as pareidolia ( par-i-DOH-lee-a ).

The word is derived from the Greek words para , meaning something faulty, wrong, instead of, and the noun eidolon , meaning image, form or shape. Pareidolia is a type of health essay conclusion, apophenia, which is a more generalized term for seeing patterns in random data. Some common examples are seeing a likeness of Jesus in the clouds or an image of a man on the surface of the moon. The picture of a man on the Shroud of Turin is not at essays evaluation all mere random data. It is unmistakably a picture of a man. Health! It might be a yet unexplained work of art.

It might even be a photograph by Leonardo da Vinci. (Humor me, I’m just trying to make a point). Being Winners! It might be the product of some natural phenomenon. Or it might be a miraculous acheiropoieton, an image not created by human hands. But it is not a pattern of health, random data that just so happens to george saitoti look like a man. Mental Essay! That would be so extraordinary and so statistically implausible as to vodafone transfer be truly miraculous. It is not a pareidolia. Whatever anyone may think about the shroud’s authenticity, there is mental conclusion one thing everyone should agree about: the image of a man with a well-featured face on the shroud is not a pareidolia. Here is a handy search of the economic growth, unemploymen, this blog on the subject . A prime example of pareidolia and its connection to health essay religious images is the Shroud of Turin, a cloth bearing the image of a man — which some believe to be Jesus — who appears to have suffered trauma consistent with crucifixion.

The negative image was first observed in 1898, on the reverse photographic plate of amateur photographer Secondo Pia, who was allowed to photograph it while it was being exhibited in the Turin Cathedral. Are there no editors at this magazine? In the three short paragraphs just above the paragraph I just quoted, Zimmermann very correctly and very clearly defined pareidolia as follows: The psychological phenomenon that causes some people to pricing study see or hear a vague or random image or sound as something significant is essay known as pareidolia ( par-i-DOH-lee-a ). The word is derived from the Greek words para , meaning something faulty, wrong, instead of, and the noun eidolon , meaning image, form or shape. George Saitoti Thesis! Pareidolia is mental essay conclusion a type of apophenia, which is scientific a more generalized term for mental essay conclusion seeing patterns in Examine growth, unemploymen random data. Some common examples are seeing a likeness of Jesus in the clouds or an mental health essay image of a man on the surface of the moon. The picture of a man on the Shroud of Turin is not at all mere random data. It is unmistakably a picture of a man. It might be a yet unexplained work of art.

It might even be a photograph by Leonardo da Vinci. (Humor me, I’m just trying to make a point). Letter! It might be the mental essay conclusion, product of some natural phenomenon. Or it might be a miraculous acheiropoieton, an image not created by human hands. But it is not a pattern of random data that just so happens to look like a man. That would be so extraordinary and so statistically implausible as to be truly miraculous. It is vodafone pricing study not a pareidolia. We’ve covered this extensively in this blog, most recently four months ago when I wrote these words (again) from an earlier post: One day, I was astonished to mental health essay conclusion receive an email from saitoti someone who claimed that we only think we see an essay image of vodafone case, a face on the Shroud. What we think is an image, he told me, is merely the happenstance accumulation of mental health conclusion, smudges and stains on the cloth. It is no different than an imaginary image of Jesus on a burned slice of toast.

It is a pareidolia, an apophenia. I had never heard of either of these words. Now I have. As far as I can see, they mean the same thing. According to my Merriam-Webster dictionary apophenia is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data. Pareidolia is defined as apophenia. I wrote back. The image is too detailed. It is scientific editing too realistic and too complex to not be the real face of a man.

When I say real, I mean by any means. Absent other evidence this includes painting, photograph or something else that we don’t understand. But he persisted. His mind was made up. You can’t prove it, he wrote back. It could be pure coincidence and you don’t know for a fact that it isn’t. What is the threshold for perceiving an image? What are the mental, criteria for saying that the image is of a man?

Are you an expert on editing service the human face? I suspect that there is mental a rather fuzzy swath of undecidedness between certainty that an image is of a face and is not. Given the setting and essays on curriculum evaluation circumstance and mental essay a measure of sanity in whatever our worldview may dictate to us, we can usually avoid undecidedness. If I see a face in the clouds, I know it is a phantasm (another cool word), an illusion, an apparition of sorts. I am sure most of us think the same thing if we see a face on service a piece of toast or in a smudge of a windowpane. It should be easy to essay know what we see for any given context. If I see a face in a Picasso, even if it looks less like a face than what I see on my morning toast, I know it is an image of a face because of the context. But what about the face on the shroud? It is george saitoti thesis a face. The context is clear.

There is an entire body there – admittedly, at the risk of being declared incompetent, maybe a pareidolia. I don’t know how the face got there but it is a face. Is there pareidolia on the shroud? I think so: the coins over the eyes, lettering, flowers, scorches that look like clowns. We’ve been there many times. Les Fredette’s Crucifixion Nail: Why I am Skeptical About It.

Les Fredette seeing what he thinks is a crucifixion nail has inspired me to repost something I wrote in November 2010. It explains, in large measure, why I am skeptical of his claim about health essay conclusion a nail and many other such similar claims. For those bored with me repeating myself, don’t read it. I think I see the light coming to pricing case study me, coming through me giving me a second sight. Those are words from the song, I Think I See, by Cat Stevens, written years before Yusuf Islam, as he is conclusion now called, converted to george Islam. It was, some said, a metaphor for mental essay the promised land. And sometimes the light [I think I see] at the end of the tunnel isn’t the promised land. Sometimes it’s just New Jersey, Jon Stewart said at the Rally to Restore Sanity, not meaning, of course, to criticize Yusuf Islam who was at the rally to sing his more famous song, Peace Train. In Shroud circles, when you hear the four-word phrase, I think I see you immediately think of Ray Rogers.

I think I see, won’t do, he wrote concerning one person’s observation that was pretty much only prof. george, one person’s observation. I think I see is not a scientific statement, he wrote often. To me, in an email, he wrote: tests and measurements will always have more credibility than ‘I think I see.’ What others said they saw, Rogers said he thought they merely thought they saw. I agree. One day, I was astonished to mental health essay conclusion receive an email from someone who claimed that we only think we see an image of a face on the Shroud.

What we think is an image, he told me, is merely the happenstance accumulation of transfer pricing case study, smudges and stains on the cloth. It is no different than an health essay conclusion imaginary image of Jesus on a burned slice of pricing study, toast. It is a pareidolia, an apophenia. I had never heard of either of these words. Now I have. As far as I can see, they mean the same thing. According to my Merriam-Webster dictionary apophenia is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data. Pareidolia is defined as apophenia. I wrote back.

The image is too detailed. It is too realistic and too complex to not be the real face of health essay conclusion, a man. When I say real, I mean by essays on curriculum evaluation any means. Absent other evidence this includes painting, photograph or something else that we don’t understand. But he persisted. His mind was made up.

You can’t prove it, he wrote back. It could be pure coincidence and you don’t know for a fact that it isn’t. What is the mental conclusion, threshold for perceiving an image? What are the criteria for saying that the image is of a man? Are you an expert on the human face? I suspect that there is a rather fuzzy swath of undecidedness between certainty that an image is of a face and is not. Given the setting and prof. george circumstance and health essay a measure of sanity in whatever our worldview may dictate to us, we can usually avoid undecidedness. If I see a face in prof. thesis the clouds, I know it is a phantasm (another cool word), an illusion, an apparition of sorts.

I am sure most of us think the same thing if we see a face on a piece of essay, toast or in a smudge of a windowpane. It should be easy to know what we see for any given context. If I see a face in a Picasso, even if it looks less like a face than what I see on my morning toast, I know it is an image of a face because of the context. But what about the face on the shroud? It is a face. The context is clear. There is an entire body there – admittedly, at the risk of being declared incompetent, maybe a pareidolia. I don’t know how the face got there but it is on curriculum a face. The folks at the Harvard Law School are very much interested in this subject, as one might imagine they would be. In an interesting article on a fascinating blog they maintain called The Situationist , they explore the subject. They begin by health pointing out that Carl Sagan once wrote:

As soon as the infant can see, it recognizes faces, and we now know that this skill is hardwired in resume service our brains. Those infants who a million years ago were unable to mental health conclusion recognize a face smiled back less, were less likely to win the hearts of their parents, and less likely to prosper. These days, nearly every infant is quick to identify a human face, and to resume cover respond with a goony grin. But it need not just be faces. Takeo Watanabe, a neuroscientist at Boston University, suggest[s] that subliminally learning something ‘too well’ interferes with perceptions of reality. The blog article continues: [P]eople have gotten so used to seeing faces everywhere that sensitivity to mental essay them is high enough to produce constant false positives. This tendency to become hyperattuned to common stimuli may represent a survival advantage. Scientific Editing Service! If you lived in primeval times, for instance, Dr. Watanabe said, it would be good to be very sensitized to essay tigers.

A famous example is the giant face on Mars from a NASA photograph. In 2001, Michael Malin, the president and the economic chief scientist at Malin Space Science Systems, wrote an article entitled Unmasking the Face on Mars. It is published on NASA’s official website. In it he wrote: Twenty five years ago something funny happened around Mars. NASA’s Viking 1 spacecraft was circling the planet, snapping photos of possible landing sites for its sister ship Viking 2, when it spotted the shadowy likeness of a human face.

An enormous head nearly two miles from health essay conclusion end to end seemed to be staring back at the cameras from resume service a region of the Red Planet called Cydonia. There must have been a degree of surprise among mission controllers back at the Jet Propulsion Lab when the face appeared on their monitors. But the conclusion, sensation was short lived. Scientists figured it was just another Martian mesa, common enough around Cydonia, only this one had unusual shadows that made it look like an Egyptian Pharaoh. Indeed—and we should not be surprised by this—many people were convinced that this was a gigantic monument of some sort created by humans or human-like aliens who once lived on Mars. NASA re-photographed the mesa from different angles. They used the same ray tracing technology (think VP8) that is used to show the 3D image of the face on the shroud to case study show that the Martian face was not a face at essay all. Had it been, the results would have been similar to the results obtained from the face on the shroud. Essay Contest Winners! The face was a pareidolic image.

But some people, not unlike flat-earthers, remain convinced that it is a face. The images of mental essay, a person, certainly a man if we look closely, exists on the shroud. Many well pronounced features are part of george thesis, that image. But there may be other parts of the image that some people claim to see that are probably pareidolic perceptions. Takeo Watanabe’s views that subliminally learning something ‘too well’ results in false positives may explain many reported images and features of the health essay conclusion, shroud image. A botanist may see images of flowers and plants. Resume Letter! A numismaticist may see images of ancient coins. A dentist may see what looks like teeth.

It would be totally unfair to say that this is what happened when such experts saw these things. But it would be unfair to not suggest the possibility. The shroud is dirty, creased and wrinkled. It has been exposed to dust, moisture, smoke from fire and almost certainly candles and incense. It has been exposed to moisture and there are clear water stains in places. It has been folded different ways and rolled up for storage. Folding causes creases.

It has been held aloft and probably hung in ways that over time caused stretching. The cloth was woven on a hand loom with handspun thread that is not perfectly uniform. All of this contributes to visual information and visual misinformation. So does the mental health essay, banding patterns, the variegated appearance of the cloth. We know that it alters the appearance of the face very dramatically. It certainly must contribute to what some say they see on the shroud. Vodafone Pricing Study! For instance, if you look closely, you are likely to see what looks like teeth behind the man’s lips, as though somehow the image contains x-ray qualities. But vertical banding lines may be the reason we see teeth.

Clear banding lines extend well beyond the mental essay conclusion, teeth, beyond the face even, and seemingly for the length of the cloth. Photography also introduces visual noise. Different films have different contrast characteristics that can significantly change the appearance of faint details. Lighting may create small shadows between threads and among wrinkles and creases. Even the color temperature of lighting can have an effect because different films are subject to different colors being reflected from the cloth. What we perceive in a photograph of the shroud may not be what we see if we look at the cloth with our own eyes. People have seen coins over the eyes; and not just coins but enough details to identify them as specific coins minted by Romans for Jewish use around the time of Jesus’ crucifixion. Examine The Economic Growth,! People have identified flowers and plants that are specific to the environs of Jerusalem. The list of things seen goes on and on.

There are, supposedly, a hammer, a nail, a fluffy shaped sponge tied to a reed, a coil of rope, a pair of dice and part of a plaque with enough lettering in Greek, Latin and possibly Hebrew to identify it as saying, Jesus of Nazareth. But are these things really imaged on the cloth? Are there criteria for deciding? Consensus among people who closely study the images on the shroud is valid so long as that study is as completely objective as possible. Worldview nullification must be avoided at all cost. It is not proper to reject these images because you don’t believe the shroud is health conclusion real. Vodafone Case Study! But it is mental essay fair to be skeptical, as in the case of the flowers, teeth, coins and lettering because there is identifiable noise such as the the economic, banding, wrinkles and crinkles and health whatnots. ’I see’ said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw, so goes the excruciatingly ridiculous old English ditty. I see flowers, I see teeth . Scientific Editing Service! . . You get the idea. I would like to see the mental health, flowers.

I see something that looks like two flowers. I’m not convinced they are flowers. I’m not trained enough in being an american botany to know many other types of flowers to look for. Mental Essay Conclusion! I’ve read the books. Studied the essays on curriculum, charts and diagrams.

Looked at pictures through gadgets. I don’t see the mental essay, flowers. Growth,! I want to see. Show me. Show me that these images are not pareidolias or apophenias or phantasms or I-think-I-sees. Show me that the light at health essay the end of the tunnel isn’t New Jersey. A reader writes: I recall one of your postings in which you recounted the story of someone who claimed that there really wasn’t a picture of a man on the shroud, that what we all saw was no different then a picture of vodafone transfer case study, Jesus that appears on a slice of toast. As I recall, no amount of explanation could convince him to change his mind. Of course not.

That would violate the first law of kookiness. Now, excuse me for interrupting the reader’s email to repeat a part of what I wrote that the reader refers to: One day, I was astonished to receive an email from someone who claimed that we only think we see an image of a face on essay the Shroud. What we think is an image, he told me, is merely the happenstance accumulation of smudges and stains on the cloth. It is editing no different than an imaginary image of Jesus on a burned slice of toast. Health Conclusion! It is a pareidolia, an apophenia. I had never heard of either of these words. Now I have. As far as I can see, they mean the same thing. According to my Merriam-Webster dictionary apophenia is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data.

Pareidolia is defined as apophenia. I wrote back. The image is too detailed. It is Examine growth, unemploymen too realistic and mental essay conclusion too complex to not be the Examine the economic, real face of a man. When I say real, I mean by any means. Conclusion! Absent other evidence this includes painting, photograph or something else that we don’t understand. But he persisted.

His mind was made up. You can’t prove it, he wrote back. It could be pure coincidence and essays on curriculum you don’t know for a fact that it isn’t. What is the threshold for perceiving an image? What are the criteria for saying that the image is of a man? Are you an mental health expert on the human face? . . . I suspect that there is a rather fuzzy swath of undecidedness between certainty that an image is Examine growth, unemploymen of a face and mental health essay is not. Given the an american essay contest, setting and circumstance and a measure of sanity in whatever our worldview may dictate to us, we can usually avoid undecidedness. If I see a face in the clouds, I know it is health essay a phantasm (another cool word), an illusion, an resume cover letter apparition of sorts. Health Conclusion! I am sure most of us think the same thing if we see a face on a piece of toast or in a smudge of a windowpane. It should be easy to an american essay contest winners know what we see for any given context. If I see a face in a Picasso, even if it looks less like a face than what I see on health my morning toast, I know it is an image of a face because of the context.

But what about the face on the shroud? It is a face? The context is clear. There is an entire body there – admittedly, at the risk of being declared incompetent, maybe a pareidolia. I don’t know how the face got there but it is a face. Now to resume the readers email: Dr. Essays Evaluation! Sciencebod has the same sort of mental essay, problem with 3D. He fails to distinguish between fully expected pseudo-elevations from burn marks and the real-elevations visible on vodafone transfer case study the real image of a man on the shroud.

This is apparent when he writes, “So-called 3D-encoded information is an health conclusion artefact of the computerised imaging – which explains why the 1532 burn marks appear as a hologram-like 3D as well as the image itself.” A bit of disclaimer is in order. I’m not convinced that the shroud is real. At the same time I’m not convinced it is fake. So for me it is a mystery. If it is real, I am not at all inclined to think the transfer pricing case study, image was caused by energy left over from some sort of physical resurrection. I have seen no convincing evidence for that.

But even if I had I would have significant difficulty accepting it. Mental Essay! I am a Catholic much more in sympathy with progressive Catholic scholars like Crossan who interprets the resurrection as a statement of faith and not as a physical event in a scientific or historic sense. However, the 3D, which Dr. Vodafone Transfer Pricing! Sciencebod so casually dismisses, is ever so appropriate for the shape of a human form that it is conclusion silly to evaluation think otherwise unless one confuses reality with toast. Health Conclusion! Even so, the 3D effect obtained by plotting luminescence may not be a real measure of distance between body and cloth. It may be something entirely different that we have not imagined. Cover Letter Service! But it is not casually dismissible. Mental Health Essay Conclusion! Regardless of being an american essay contest, how it came about, it is a real property of the image.

One cannot claim to have found a method by mental conclusion which to create the image on the economic growth, the shroud unless one can show how that method encodes this property. Mental Health! One cannot claim it’s an artifact in order to escape this pass/fail criteria. NOTE: Top picture is from on curriculum evaluation Discover Magazine . Bottom picture is called “Face in the Shroud.” It is a 3D rendering of mental health, data in the shroud image undertaken by evaluation Ray Downing for the History Channel special, The Real Face of Jesus . The Shroud of Turin may be the real burial cloth of Jesus. The carbon dating, once seemingly proving it was a medieval fake, is mental essay conclusion now widely thought of resume cover, as suspect and meaningless. Even the famous Atheist Richard Dawkins admits it is controversial. Christopher Ramsey, the director of the Oxford Radiocarbon Laboratory, thinks more testing is needed. So do many other scientists and essay archeologists. Examine Growth, Unemploymen! This is because there are significant scientific and non-religious reasons to doubt the validity of the tests.

Chemical analysis, all nicely peer-reviewed in scientific journals and health subsequently confirmed by numerous chemists, shows that samples tested are chemically unlike the whole cloth. Prof. Saitoti Thesis! It was probably a mixture of older threads and newer threads woven into the cloth as part of a medieval repair. Recent robust statistical studies add weight to this theory. Philip Ball, the former physical science editor for Nature when the carbon dating results were published, recently wrote: “It’s fair to say that, despite the essay conclusion, seemingly definitive tests in 1988, the status of the Shroud of Turin is murkier than ever.” If we wish to vodafone pricing case be scientific we must admit we do not know how old the cloth is. But if the newer thread is about half of what was tested – and some evidence suggests that – it is possible that the cloth is health conclusion from the george saitoti thesis, time of Christ.

No one has a good idea how front and back images of a crucified man came to be on the cloth. Yes, it is possible to mental health create images that look similar. But no one has created images that match the chemistry, peculiar superficiality and george thesis profoundly mysterious three-dimensional information content of the images on mental health essay conclusion the Shroud. Again, this is all published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. We simply do not have enough reliable information to scientific service arrive at a scientifically rigorous conclusion.

Years ago, as a skeptic of the Shroud, I came to realize that while I might believe it was a fake, I could not know so from the facts. Now, as someone who believes it is the real burial shroud of Jesus of Nazareth, I similarly realize that a leap of faith over unanswered questions is essential.

Write My Paper -

20 Best And Worst Fonts To Use On Your Resume. Before you even walk into a job interview you’ve made a first impression on the interviewer. How? Through your resume. Mental Health Essay Conclusion? According to growth,, a study conducted by the job search site TheLadders.com, recruiters spend only about six seconds scanning a resume. So it’s essential that your resume makes a great first impression — that it looks professional and well organized. Health Essay? How do you do that? You start by using a resume font people can actually read (that#8217;s what this post is for), then you design a resume that stands out from the rest (here#8217;s how you do that). When you have both these things you go into Canva and design the vodafone study, thing for free in no time (here#8217;s how you upload fonts from this article into Canva and here#8217;s where you go in Canva to start your new resume design right now). Times New Roman is probably the most commonly chosen fonts for resumes — the very reason you should avoid it, and why it appears on mental health essay conclusion our “Worst” list. So if you don’t want your resume to look like hundreds of others, you’ll want to choose something else.

And Garamond is a great alternative. A timeless serif typeface like Times New Roman, Garamond’s precursors have been in use for around 500 years. Scientific Editing? The modern version has the essay conclusion, benefit of giving your resume a classic, polished look that’s much more interesting that the overused Times New Roman. On Curriculum? As a bonus, if you’re struggling to mental health essay conclusion, condense your resume to one to two pages (which is a good idea), Garamond can help you fit more text on a page without sacrificing readability by lowering the being winners, font size or crowding your design by health essay, tightening up the spacing. This simple, sophisticated sans-serif typeface, designed in England in the 1920s, will give your resume a look that is both classic and editing, modern. It’s used widely in mental conclusion, the UK (across the British Railways system, by the BBC) and elsewhere.

You might also notice that Gill Sans is very similar to scientific editing service, the custom lettering featured on the famous, WWII-era “Keep Calm and mental conclusion, Carry On” poster, rediscovered at a British bookstore in Examine growth,, 2000 and subsequently popularized with many replicas of the design. You’ll find this font distributed with Mac OS X and some Microsoft software as Gill Sans MT. Mental Health Essay Conclusion? Cambria, a serif font, is resume letter service, part of a suite of typefaces called the ClearType Font Collection, which has been widely distributed with Microsoft Office programs. These typefaces (Calibri, Cambria, Candara, Consolas, Constantia, and Corbel) were designed specifically to perform well on computer monitors. Essay Conclusion? The studio that created Cambria describes it as “the ‘new Times New Roman”…designed specifically for scientific on-screen reading, while still remaining applicable for print,” thanks to health essay conclusion, its sturdy letter construction that retains legibility even at small sizes. Prof.? This makes Cambria a good choice for both online and printed resumes. Health Essay Conclusion? Wikimedia Commons/Hans Hoogglans. Although it has been the default Microsoft Word font since 2007, Calibri is still not used as often as Arial, which landed on our “Worst” list for that reason. This font has other things going for growth, it, though; professional resume writer Donna Svei points out mental conclusion that typing in Calibri at a 12 pt. size will produce around 500 to 750 words, the ideal length of a two-page resume. Our third and last selection from resume letter service Microsoft’s ClearType Font Collection, Constantia’s rounder letterforms make it look more friendly and less stuffy than many serif typefaces.

It’s also suitable for use both on-screen and in printed documents, making it useful for when you need to health essay conclusion, distribute your resume in both digital and hard copy form. Originally designed for corporate use, Lato is sans-serif font created to look neutral in body copy but have some unique traits at prof. george thesis, larger sizes. The font’s designer describes Lato as “serious but friendly” — perfect for resumes. It comes in a wide range of weights and styles, though the “hairline,” “thin,” and “light” weights will be too hard to conclusion, see at small sizes. It’s available for download (free for both personal and commercial use) and for web use on Google Fonts. Didot is a distinctive serif font with an upscale look (perhaps a product of its Parisian roots). Examine Growth, Unemploymen? This classy typeface can lend some style to your resume and seems to be particularly popular for health essay industries like fashion and photography. However, its delicate serifs display most clearly at larger sizes, so you’ll do best saving Didot for headings rather than body copy. Wikimedia Commons/Pierre Rudloff. This Swiss sans-serif typeface is growth, unemploymen, considered by many designers and mental health essay, typographers to be the king of pricing case, fonts.

It even has its own self-titled documentary film. Thanks to its modern, clean lines and exceptional clarity, Helvetica is widely used in everything from major corporate logos (BMW, American Airlines, Microsoft) to health essay, New York City’s subway signs. To give your resume a clean and contemporary look that’s still professional, try Helvetica. Scientific Editing Service? It’s included with Mac operating systems, but if you’re wanting to use it with Windows, you’ll have to purchase it. Georgia is another alternative to Times New Roman. This serif font has letterforms with thicker strokes that make it easy to mental health conclusion, read even at scientific editing, small sizes.

Plus, because it was created specifically for clarity on computer monitors, it looks great viewed on any digital document, such as if you’re sending your resume as a PDF. This versatile sans-serif font has a very clean, crisp appearance that will give any resume an mental health essay conclusion, updated look. It has multiple weights that you can use to differentiate the various sections and features of your resume, but you should probably avoid the “book” and “light” weights, as well as any condensed versions — they can be hard to read. Avenir Next is another good option; it was released as a follow-up to Avenir to improve the font’s on-screen display capabilities. Dribbble/Mario Leo Fasolo. Surprised this one is on essays on curriculum evaluation the list? There’s nothing wrong with the font in itself, it’s just that it has been (over)used and abused. Health Essay? Since everyone else is using it on essays on curriculum evaluation their resumes, yours won’t stand out. Plus, Times New Roman is hard to read at very small sizes and doesn’t display particularly well on screens. Like Gill Sans on health essay our “Best” list, Futura was created in prof., the 1920s.

Except this sans-serif typeface was designed in Germany and is more geometric in form. Mental Essay Conclusion? Although it’s a clean, attractive font, the evaluation, overall appearance is somewhat stylized and atypical. With quirks like unusually tall lowercase letters and a jarring contrast between sharp and round letter shapes, Futura leans more toward decorative and interesting (a.k.a, a display font, meant to be used sparingly) than practical for text-heavy documents like resumes. Mental Health Conclusion? In the overused category, Arial is Times New Roman’s sans-serif equivalent. Using a font that’s so common (and, some would say, boring) may be perceived as a lazy choice — not putting much thought or effort into your resume. Plus, Arial is basically an Examine growth, unemploymen, adaptation of Helvetica that’s a little looser and more irregular in its construction.

There’s nothing wrong with conventional fonts, but there are better sans-serif choices out there than Arial. Designed to conclusion, replicate the look of a typewriter and later adapted for use on actual electric typewriters, this font makes it look like — you guessed it — you typed your resume on a typewriter. Which you didn’t — unless you haven’t updated your resume in george saitoti thesis, 30 some-odd years. Plus, because this is a monospaced typeface (every letter is spaced equally, as opposed to most other proportionally spaced fonts) it can look a little unnatural, particularly for health essay conclusion whole pages of text. Tempted to put your name at the top of your resume in a script that looks like handwriting to being essay contest, give it a little personality?

Don’t do it! And especially don’t use Brush Script, which has been so overused that it now looks cheap and dated rather than retro and nostalgic (it was designed in mental, 1942). While certain creative industries will offer some leeway in playing with the appearance of the economic growth, unemploymen, your resume, when in doubt, it’s always a safe bet to essay conclusion, stick to conservative font choices (which means no scripts or other display fonts). Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past several years, you’ll know that using Comic Sans is considered the cardinal sin of prof. george saitoti, font choices. It was created in 1994 to replicate the look of comic book speech bubbles, and that’s about all it’s appropriate for. Mental Essay Conclusion? The casual, almost childish look of the font makes it distracting in any serious context. And in case you’re wondering why anyone would use Comic Sans on saitoti a resume, according to this manager, it does happen. Just remember: it’s a good rule of thumb to stay far away from any font that might possibly come across as fun, flowery, flashy, or funky. Century Gothic has a sleek, modern look, but it’s probably a little too irregular for resumes.

Additionally, the thin letters of this font’s regular weight can be hard to read, particularly at small sizes. There’s really no good reason anyone should want to use this on a resume, but people seem to like it. So if you’re tempted to mental conclusion, give your resume an scientific editing, adventurous or exotic air with Papyrus, resist. This font is mental conclusion, so cliche (probably second only to Comic Sans) that is has become something of a joke — Fast Co. Design puts it this way: “as everyone who has written a school project over Examine growth, unemploymen the last decade will tell you, Papyrus is the font you use to spell out the word #8220;Egypt.#8221; Want to make a bold, confident impression with your resume? You don’t need a bold, heavy font to do it. Impact is most likely intended for health essay conclusion use in all caps for headlines, but because it includes lowercase letters, people are sure to use it for body copy, where it’s almost impossible to read. Yes, Trajan Pro has a dignified, important feel, but it would be more appropriate etched into stone than typed on scientific service your resume. That’s because the typeface was inspired by the letterforms carved into Trajan’s Column, a monument dedicated to the Roman emperor of the essay conclusion, same name. The font only service, has capital letters and small caps (no lowercase option), which makes it unsuitable for typing out readable sentences on your resume. So it’s probably a good idea to mental, leave Trajan to the movie posters (more than 400 of them), particularly those starring Russell Crowe.

For resumes, a font size of 10 to 12 pt. (depending on the particular font, but no smaller than that) is standard. Larger sizes are acceptable for saitoti thesis headings or subheadings. Essay? Remember that everyone viewing your resume on a computer will have different fonts installed, and george saitoti, you don’t want your carefully chosen typeface automatically replaced with a substitute that messes up the document’s appearance and formatting. That’s why it’s a good idea to essay, always save and send your resume as a PDF, which preserves the cover letter service, original appearance (unlike a MS Word document). Do you have a favorite (or least favorite) font for resumes? Share in the comments below. Bring great design to your entire workplace.

Janie is a freelance writer and health, graphic designer and the owner of evaluation, Design Artistree Creative Studio. After college, she built on her background in mental conclusion, art to explore design. and loved it. Now, she enjoys finding ways to combine the craftsmanship of traditional fine arts with the digital possibilities of graphic design. The Economic Growth, Unemploymen? Build Your Brand: How to mental health essay, Choose The Right Fonts. 60 Free Sans Serif Fonts to Give Your Designs a Modern . 60 Free Serif Fonts to evaluation, Give Your Designs a Traditional . 60 Free Calligraphy Fonts to Bring Charm to Your Design. 60 Free Outline Icon Sets Perfect for Contemporary Desi. 60 Free Fonts for Minimalist Designs. 50 Free Headline Fonts Built For Impact And Audience En. 50 Beautiful Free Wallpapers For Creatives [2015 Editio. 50 Design Terms Explained Simply For Non-Designers. The 30 Best Free Social Media Icon Sets of 2015.

100 Brilliant Color Combinations and How to Apply Them . Health? Free Icons: 49 Best Sites To Find Beautiful And Useful . 60 Awesome Free Tools To Create A Visual Marketing Camp. Free Stock Photos: 73 Best Sites To Find Awesome Free I. You're almost there! You’ll receive an email soon to confirm your subscription.

Write My Paper -
Discussion and conclusion - Developing a model of mental health self

Certifiably Empowering: Hot Fields in Which Certification May Boost Your Career. by Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. The author wishes to acknowledge the members of Career Management Alliance (formerly Career Masters Institute) who contributed suggestions for this article. Perhaps you’re feeling stuck in your job. You feel as though you need a boost — something that could help you advance, make more money, and become more marketable. Mental Essay Conclusion. Or maybe even something that would powerfully propel you into a different field. Vodafone Transfer Pricing Case. Something that could set you apart and mental health, make employers take notice. Essays On Curriculum Evaluation. Maybe you could accomplish your goal with more education or training, but you’re not in a position to go back to mental conclusion, school at this point. On Curriculum Evaluation. The answer just might be earning a certification in mental essay conclusion your field — or in a new field. Certification programs have proliferated enormously in the past several years.

At a minimum, there are nearly 1,600 certifications available, according to the definitive directory on the subject, the Certification and Accreditation Programs Directory , as well as an additional 227 accreditation programs. The directory notes that the growth of resume letter, certification programs is largely the result of explosive population expansion. Where we once could determine the competence of professionals and health essay conclusion, purveyors of services through word of mouth, our global and technologically advanced society needed new ways of vodafone transfer case study, recognizing competence. No matter what field you’re in, chances are there’s a certification for it. Who knew for example, that there are certifications for pet trainers, Tarot card readers, acupressurists, glassblowers, cake decorators, and health essay conclusion, biofeedback professionals? In this article, we examine certifications that can supplement your career credentials, as opposed to certifications that are an absolute requirement for employment, such as those for teachers. Nor do we explore licensure here, although some fields may require licensure in addition to offering certification. As explained in the Certification and Accreditation Programs Directory , certification is defined by the National Organization for Competency Assurance as “the process by which a non-governmental agency or association grants recognition of competence to an individual who has met predetermined qualifications specified by cover that agency or association.” The question is: Can certifications really help boost your career, or are they just a way for the issuing organizations to stuff their coffers with the cash inevitably required for the certification process? Even as we researched this article, we found hard statistics on the value of mental health conclusion, certifications hard to come by.

Most organizations we polled couldn’t provide hard figures on whether certification holders were more likely to gain employment, advance in their current jobs, or earn higher salaries than those who aren’t certified. Certainly some certifications are more valuable and career-boosting than others. If you are considering pursuing a certification, you’d be wise to pose some tough questions to the organization that issues the credential you’re pondering. The Certification and Accreditation Programs Directory , an expensive volume that is unemploymen likely available in your local library, offers a list of questions you should ask issuing organizations when you’re thinking about obtaining certification, a few of the most probing of which include: What is the reputation of the issuing organization?

Do the benefits of the certification justify the cost? What are the requirements and costs for recertification? Are there educational and experiential requirements for the certification? (Experience requirements are an important consideration for career-changers since they could prevent one from using a certification to move into a new career quickly.) Is the certification national in scope as well as recognized outside the U.S.? We asked our colleagues in the Career Masters Institute to suggest the “hottest” fields for certification — those in mental conclusion which holding a certification can truly be a career boost. The fields identified below rose to the top of their suggestions.

If you don’t see your field of interest here, however, we’d recommend these additional resources: And now our collection of hot fields where certification can boost your career: Arguably, it was the IT field that really spurred the current trend in certifications. While some IT professionals express concern that IT certifications are diminishing in value, others argue that they are just as valuable as ever. In Certification Magazine , writer Martin Bean quotes John Cramer, branch manager of the Adecco Technical office, Chicago: “Certification is still the tiebreaker in thesis a tight decision for hiring managers.” Bean also notes that staffing firms are more likely to place professionals with IT certifications than those without them and quotes an IT executive who believes that certified IT workers are “more productive, better prepared, and mental essay conclusion, have more credibility with employers.” A research study conducted by Brainbench in resume cover letter service Chantilly, VA, revealed that professional certifications are bankable assets for IT professionals, with those receiving certifications significantly more likely to mental health essay conclusion, achieve salary increases above the Examine growth, unemploymen, industry average of health essay conclusion, up to vodafone transfer case, 3 percent. A huge variety of health conclusion, IT certifications is available, many of them offered by scientific editing service the software and hardware producers themselves. Health Essay Conclusion. An excellent explanation of the essays, value of the most popular certifications can be found in an article by Michael J. Mental Essay Conclusion. Senno called Certification Equation. Senno notes that certifications are especially important for prof. george saitoti thesis, consultants because hiring companies want to see proof of your expertise. Get the details about a selection of specific IT certifications. Because of the sensitivity of handling other peoples’ money, the mental, financial-planning field is scientific service a prime example of why word of mouth may not be enough, and mental health essay conclusion, certification may be the best way to demonstrate competence.

As aging baby boomers plan their retirements, and investors fret about a volatile stock market, the essays evaluation, demand is great for health, competent financial planners. Corporations, too, need well qualified financial wizards to manage their assets. “I think it is important that anybody who is serious about their level of advice and service commit to lifelong learning in this field,” says Daniel Davis, who holds the Examine the economic, certification Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS) and serves as financial advisor at Raymond James Associates in Orlando, FL. “I am ashamed to say that I would not give my money to 90 percent of the people in this field. Mental Health Conclusion. I certainly feel that I am in the top 10 percent, and pricing case study, I would credit that not only to mental health conclusion, the letters behind my name (AAMS), but to the knowledge that I have obtained through studying, reading, and listening to become more and more of an being an american contest winners expert in my field and a resource for my clients,” Davis says. One of the questions the contributors to the Certification and Accreditation Programs Directory suggest asking when considering a certification is: Why was this particular certification program developed? In the conclusion, case of the National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP) Board of Certification, the impetus for the certification was polling data that showed that 93 percent of those responsible for workplace safety in the U.S. do not have college degrees in scientific safety and are therefore not eligible for some of the more generalized certifications offered by mental conclusion other organizations. NASP therefore created its certifications to provide a different type of being an american essay, credential than any previously available. NASP literature states that “while employers do value the more general credentials, those credentials often do not serve to health conclusion, indicate specific knowledge, skills, and resume cover letter service, abilities sought by the employer… Therefore, NASP’s certifications were designed to serve as evidence of specific knowledge, skills, and abilities.”

Comments from students who’ve taken the NASP certification courses have been positive and indicative that certified safety professionals can garner some resume-building accomplishments. “Utilizing the information received in these courses,” states Lynn Hyatt of conclusion, Comfortex in New York, “I have gained management’s approval and commitment toward safety, health and environmental issues and concerns. As a result of this increased awareness and actions taken towards a safer workplace, our company realized a $214,000 refund from our Worker’s Compensation insurance carrier as a direct result of decreased injuries and safety awareness across all of our four facilities.” Health-support certifications are hot because health-related jobs are a significant growth field. On Curriculum. “In the next four years, recruiters predict an explosion of at least three million more new health-related jobs,” according to mental, the newsletter of the National Healthcare Association. “Trained, caring people will be needed to saitoti thesis, work in and outside hospitals — at health conclusion, home, in doctors’ offices and nursing homes — using high-tech diagnostic and scientific editing service, treatment procedures to care for an aging baby-boom population… Medical aides constitute one of the fastest growing occupations in the country.” The association cites US Bureau of Labor statistics that indicate that healthcare accounts for more than 50 percent of new job placements. The organization further asserts that increasing numbers of employers are requiring healthcare certifications. More than 60,000 HR professionals have obtained and maintained the PHR (Professional in Human Resources) and SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources) designations, says Sharon Leonard, program manager for Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI). Leonard suggests that HR professionals consider her organization’s certifications as a way of health essay, “enhancing your resume to strengthen your position.” She notes that certification may be an economical and effective alternative to scientific service, a graduate-school program. “For HR professionals who want to increase their perceived value in their existing jobs and for those who seek new opportunities, obtaining the PHR or SPHR designation demonstrates to existing and prospective employers that you ‘know your stuff,'” Leonard says. HRCI’s Web site notes that certification shows that the holder has demonstrated mastery of such HR areas as strategic planning, international business issues, compensation and health essay, benefits, HR development, employee rights, and emerging HR issues. HRCI’s Marketing Manager Alisa Goldschmidt cites an extensive market survey that the transfer pricing, organization conducted with Shugoll Research, an independent market-research firm, which found that three out of five of the survey respondents (HRCI-certified professionals, non-HRCI-certified professionals, senior HR executives, and non-HR senior executives) agreed they would choose an mental health essay conclusion individual with PHR or SPHR over one without if all factors are equal, and after initial screening, they would be more likely to interview candidates with the PHR and editing service, SPHR certification. Hospitality professionals who’ve earned certification (see the American Hotel and Lodging Association’s (AHLA) testimonials) cite such benefits as updating their knowledge on current trends in the industry, providing a benchmark with which to measure their knowledge against industry standards, preparing newly promoted managers with an improved ability to make decisions and learn to deal with customers and employees.

“The hottest certification that we have at the present time is the CHT Certified Hospitality Trainer,” says Barbara Blankenship, director of professional certification at the AHLA Educational Institute, Orlando, FL. “The interest in the training certification has exploded because the market place has become so competitive. The key to outperforming the competition is through training. Customer service is the competitive edge and training is the key to great customer service. Interest in the CHT has expanded from the hotels to the restaurant and mental conclusion, entertainment complex segments of the hospitality industry.” “Not only are certifications hot now, but the field of internal auditing is sizzling!” says Trish Harris, assistant vice president, corporate marketing, media relations, and public relations for the Institute of vodafone transfer pricing case study, Internal Auditors (IIA), Orlando, FL. “With the many corporate failures that have occurred over mental health essay the past two years, more and vodafone study, more organizations are concerned about risk management, ethics, corporate governance, and internal controls that mitigate risks and essay, help deter and prevent fraud.” Harris notes that because IIA certifications require extensive knowledge, experience, and study, they clearly demonstrate the competency of those who have earned them. “Our premier designation, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), is the only global certification for the internal audit profession,” she says. Harris attests to promising career potential for certified internal auditors. Prof. Thesis. “During the past year, we’ve seen a marked increase in the number of internal audit jobs available on the market,” she observes. “We’ve also received numerous calls from audit-committee members and co pany heads looking for mental essay, guidance on starting up an internal-audit department. CEOs who did not hav internal auditing in the past are now understanding just how important the internal-audit function is in regard to assurance and effective risk management.” Harris says that many of these companies are requiring the person they hire as chief audit executive to hold the Certified Internal Auditor designation.”They want to unemploymen, be sure they are getting the skills and health, expertise they want in pricing case study a competent leader of health essay, their internal audit function, and the CIA designation clearly provides that assurance,” Harris says.

Further, Harris notes that her organization is seeing students and seasoned professionals moving into the internal-auditing field from service, many other areas, including information technology, operations, business management, and finance. Roger W. Roley, certification manager for the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), Dearborn, MI, cites his organization’s newest certification, the Certified Engineering Manager (CEM), which, he says, documents skills and mental essay conclusion, knowledge in an important area of industry. “There has been a significant increase in graduate degree programs in vodafone pricing case engineering management,” Roley notes, “and that curriculum is becoming recognized as a distinct discipline. The growth of these degree programs is partly because many MBA programs focus on health essay conclusion finance or marketing and letter, do not address other issues that a technical manager faces. Previously, no certification existed for this discipline.” Certainly SME certifications seem to provide an edge in mental health essay the job market. “When hiring, I look for SME credentials because they validate an individual’s set of george thesis, knowledge and application abilities,” notes Robert Carringer, partner at Four Corners Capital Partners, LLC. Essay Conclusion. Certification holders also appear confident that the organization’s credential will bolster their careers. Editing. “To enhance my standing with my present employer and to ease concerns over health conclusion my skills with potential future employers, I chose to pursue the Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT) credentials,” relates Sandy Alvin Carter of The Systems Group. “The CMfgT certification will pay dividends down the road in letter my professional career.” It’s obvious why an mental entirely new professional field has developed that was not particularly part of resume letter service, anyone’s consciousness before Sept. Mental. 11, 2001. Being Winners. Since that tragic day, according to the Web site of the National Academy of Higher Education (NAHE), which issues Homeland Security Certifications in Public Safety, homeland security has become the No.

1 concern of public-safety professionals from every level who now have to pre-plan and mental health, organize potential homeland security issues, such as the the economic growth, unemploymen, incident command system and various levels of domestic threat. The homeland security and health essay, public safety certification, according to the NAHE site, “is designed for those employed in being essay contest the homeland security and public-safety arena, such as police, fire, hazardous materials (HazMat), emergency medical service, government law enforcement, county sheriff, state police, and mental essay, private security officers and security managers who have the homeland security and resume cover service, public safety responsibility at mental, their place of employment.” Training and Instructional Design. With the growth of the Internet has come greater demand for education and training delivered online, and thus a need for tech-savvy trainers and instructional designers. Cindy Webster, business development coordinator for Langevin Learning Services, which touts itself as “the largest train-the-trainer organization in the world,” cites such career-boosting advantages from her organization’s certifications as greater credibility with peers and supervisors, confidence and essay contest winners, pride, recognition for skills and knowledge, and increased chances of advancing to your next career level.

Certification training helped 75 percent of participants from Public Works Government Services Canada to advance to the next level in a recent job competition, according to Lynn Morris of the Canadian agency. Webster cites additional case studies in conclusion which colleagues in one division of a company were envious of the Langevin certifications attained by another division. Examine Growth, Unemploymen. Other certification holders recommend the certification an an excellent personal investment and mental health essay, a path to growth,, an easier future. After earning his credential as a Certified Instructional Designer/Developer, Scott Hultquist of the health conclusion, Naval Undersea Warfare Center said, “I originally thought ‘what can certification do for me?’ Now I know: EVERYTHING!!” In addition to the above, our sources also identified the following as promising fields in which certification may make a career difference: Questions about some of the on curriculum evaluation, terminology used in this article? Get more information (definitions and links) on key college, career, and job-search terms by going to our Job-Seeker’s Glossary of Job-Hunting Terms. Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and mental health, associate publisher of Quintessential Careers, is an on curriculum educator, author, and blogger who provides content for Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine , an electronic newsletter for jobseekers, and blogs about storytelling in the job search at A Storied Career . Katharine, who earned her PhD in organizational behavior from Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is author of Dynamic Cover Letters for health conclusion, New Graduates and letter service, A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into conclusion, the Hidden Job Market (both published by service Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and with Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters , Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Study Skills (Alpha). Visit her personal Website or reach her by e-mail at mental essay conclusion, kathy(at)quintcareers.com. Maximize your career and service, job-search knowledge and skills!

Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas. Building Tools That Build Better Work Lives. Since 2005, LiveCareer’s team of career coaches, certified resume writers, and savvy technologists have been developing career tools that have helped over 10 million users build stronger resumes, write more persuasive cover letters, and health, develop better interview skills. Use our free samples, templates, and writing guides and our easy-to-use resume builder software to help land the job you want. Dr. Randall S. Hansen. Dr. Randall S. Hansen is founder of Quintessential Careers, one of the oldest and cover letter service, most comprehensive career development sites on the Web, as well CEO of EmpoweringSites.com. He is also founder of MyCollegeSuccessStory.com and EnhanceMyVocabulary.com. He is publisher of Quintessential Careers Press, including the Quintessential Careers electronic newsletter, QuintZine. Dr.

Hansen is also a published author, with several books, chapters in books, and conclusion, hundreds of articles. He’s often quoted in the media and george thesis, conducts empowering workshops around the country. Mental Essay Conclusion. Finally, Dr. Hansen is also an educator, having taught at the college level for more than 15 years. Visit his personal Website or reach him by email at randall@quintcareers.com. Check out Dr. Hansen on scientific GooglePlus. Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and essay conclusion, associate publisher of Quintessential Careers, is an prof. george saitoti thesis educator, author, and blogger who provides content for Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine, an electronic newsletter for mental essay conclusion, jobseekers, and blogs about storytelling in the job search at A Storied Career. Katharine, who earned her PhD in organizational behavior from an american essay, Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is author of Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates and A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and mental health essay conclusion, with Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters, Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Study Skills (Alpha). Scientific Editing. Visit her personal Website or reach her by e-mail at kathy@quintcareers.com.

Check out Dr. Hansen on GooglePlus. I AM A CAREER CHANGER This page is your key source for health, all things career-change related. You’ll find some great free career-change tools and editing, resources. Essay Conclusion. Changing careers can be traumatic, especially if you have been in your current career for a long time, but you do not have to prof. george saitoti, go through the health, process alone or [] Quintessential Careers: Career and growth, unemploymen, Job-Hunting Blog. Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for mental health essay, job-seekers, compiled by letter service the staff of Quintessential Careers.The Quintessential Careers Blog has moved!!

These pages remain as an archive of our previous blog posts. Please check out the new and improved Quintessential Careers Blog for Job-Seekers and mental essay, Careerists. Prof. Thesis. Interview Advice Job [] The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers. The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of a specific employer’s Website.Because more and more companies are developing career and employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and employment section of the [] Quintessential Careers: I am a Career Coach or Counselor. The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of a specific employer’s Website.Because more and more companies are developing career and employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and employment section of the [] Mighty Recruiter Mighty Recruiter. Customer Service Customer Service. 800-652-8430 Mon- Fri 8am - 8pm CST.

Sat 8am - 5pm CST, Sun 10am - 6pm CST Stay in touch with us.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -

Download a Resume Template That Employers Will Love. Are your Resume and conclusion online job search profiles not yielding you the being an american essay winners results you need to find gainful employment and mental health conclusion finally afford to pay your bills? No doubt about it; it’s tougher to find a job now than it’s been in resume letter service decades. That doesn’t mean, however, that you can’t give yourself every fighting chance of essay conclusion snagging the next available job. While there is plenty to be said for effective interviewee skills, the absolute most important step for getting hired is essay contest writing a winning Curriculum Vitae. Without a highly attractive C.V, you’re just one of dozens or more applicants that begin to blend together after a while. You want your most relevant skills and experience to jump off the page and grab the conclusion attention of the person responsible for on curriculum evaluation, reviewing the group of mental health essay CVs in which yours is stacked or filed online. Direct access to resume templates advices. 1. Choose your favorite Curriculum Vitae.

2. Download selected resumes on your desktop. No front page content has been created yet. How To Write a Winning Curriculum Vitae. Understand What Makes a Great Resume. Many job applicants are under a misconception that a great Curriculum Vitae means fluffing up terms, adding lots of jobs and experience, listing as many skills as possible, and being essay contest engaging in other overkill tactics. Mental Essay? Excessive and scientific editing irrelevant information only clutters the page and mental conclusion makes it more difficult to find the skills and information for which your prospective employer is searching. The best resumes are those that are concise and specific to the job being sought.

As such, a separate resume should be used for each job if the required skills, education, and scientific editing service experience are different. At the end of this article, we will review a few time saving tips building each specific Curriculum Vitae. First, though, let’s take a look at mental health essay conclusion, how to write a winning CV. Review All Job Description Material and More (If Necessary) While some employers seem to be in letter the habit of posting as little information as possible, others provide a great deal of valuable information relevant to not only the skills, experience, and education of a desired employee, but also the description, expectations, and demands of the job itself. Health Essay? Acquire as much information as you can about the position. If the employer provided you with pages and pages of descriptions, read them before building your resume. Being Contest Winners? If the employer posted minimal information about the job, you may find information by reviewing the website or even calling and asking for details.

The more you know about your prospective employers, the more power you have to show them a picture-perfect employee on mental health essay conclusion paper. If you read terms you don’t really understand, see requirements for education levels you haven’t reached, or find any other indication that you’re not a good candidate for the job; don’t waste your time applying. Also, understand that it may be very difficult to find a job that matches your education or the bulk of your experience. You may have to begin at an entry level position in editing service a company that seeks supervisory and upper management applicants from within. If this is the essay case, be extremely careful about divulging the extent of your education, experience, and vodafone transfer pricing salary history as you may be viewed as ‘overqualified’. However insulting or degrading it may feel, the reality is mental health essay that at some point you just have to accept that options are limited and be willing to scientific editing service, ‘dumb it down’ a bit to health conclusion, secure employment. George? Just think, though: In the next few months after you’re hired, you’ll have a chance to excel beyond expectation and increase your odds of mental health essay recognition and promotion.

Use Only Relevant Terms, Skills, and Experience. If you feel the need to add more information to your curriculum vitae than what’s absolutely relevant, make sure that the most compelling details are on the first page and resume cover service that it’s not crowded with words. In addition to your contact information, you should have: Relevant skills, relevant experience, and relevant education. If you have multiple jobs dating back for a number of mental conclusion years, try to list only the most relevant jobs within the past 5-7 years on the first page and either make a note that a more extensive job history is available upon request or attach a separate sheet with a complete history in case the reviewer is so inclined to read it. Whatever you do, DO NOT let a full page of outdated and irrelevant details take away from the razzle and dazzle of the first page of essays on curriculum your resume.

Remember that your developed skills are more important than your experience. Mental Health? Yes, you need experience to demonstrate the fact that you’ve had time to hone those skills, but employers need to scientific editing, know the capabilities you have that are relevant to mental health essay, the job for which you’re applying. The Verbiage of Your Curriculum Vitae. You want your C.V to sound professional, but it doesn’t have to sound like it came out of the Oxford Dictionary. Remember, it’s not as though you’re writing a dissertation; you’re listing bits and pieces of concise and relevant information to present a snapshot of what you have to offer. Refer to the job description and other material posted by your prospective employers. If they used industry-specific jargon, use the same jargon wherever applicable. Review their posted list of required skills and job duties and use it as a guide for listing all of on curriculum your valid and applicable skills and job duties with previous employers. If you have additional skills or job skills than are not posted on the job description by your prospective employer, consider leaving them out. If you feel you must include them somewhere, follow the same rule as job history: Keep them off the first page. Mental Essay? Instead, attach them at the top of the page containing your extensive job history.

You have 2 primary goals for your curriculum vitae: Make it easy to prof. george thesis, read and health conclusion make every word count. In order to accomplish this, you need to use a font of at least 10-12 and make each section of your document stand out from the next by being an american essay contest, staggering blocks of information that take up different levels of horizontal space. For example, you may place your name, physical address, phone number, and email address at health essay conclusion, the top in the center. For contrast, you would place a sentence outlining your objective; perhaps something like: To obtain consistent and essay long term employment with a company in health conclusion which my skills and prof. talents will be utilized and appreciated. Because that sentence will take the entire width of the page, your next sections should be small and centered. This would be a great place to list your skills. If you place your employment in the next section, that would be a great contrast to mental health essay, your skills. Make a table with 2 columns and a few rows (just enough for your most relevant jobs). On Curriculum? Add your title, previous employers, and their contact information in the left column and your job duties on the right.

Finally, underneath your employment history, enter your education information centered on the page. Employers may or may not be interested in speaking with your personal references. If there is any reason why your prospective employers shouldn’t speak with your previous supervisors, try to mental health conclusion, avoid putting their contact information on your Curriculum Vitae. Otherwise, there should be plenty of professional references in resume letter service your format for them to review. You can post a sentence on the bottom of your Curriculum Vitae either inviting your potential employer to call contacts from your employment history and/or letting him/her know that you have a list of conclusion personal references available if requested. If you have room on the page after leaving plenty of space in between each section, increase the font size of your name. If you have adequate or advanced linguistic skills, consider writing a short cover letter (3-5 small to moderate paragraphs) introducing yourself and outlining your skills, dedication, ambition, work ethic, and any other relevant piece of information that increases your appeal to an employer but may not have a proper place on Examine the economic your Curriculum Vitae. Cover letters are easy to disregard if an employer isn’t interested, and they can help to set you aside from mental health essay other applicants if there is an interest in learning more about you by reading your cover letter. You can either use the vodafone transfer case outline provided in this article or you can create your own curriculum vitae outline containing your name, contact information, and the basic sections you will need to fill out per application.

Save the outline and consistent information in a master file, and once you’ve finished preparing a Curriculum Vitae for a job, choose ‘Save as’ and create a specific name for it. To find your Curriculum Vitae more quickly and conveniently, consider using the same name and changing only the last word. For example, you may save your resume as ‘MyResumeCompany.doc’. Replace the word ‘Company’ with each different place to which you submit your curriculum. How to Write a Great Cover Letter. Landing a job is undoubtedly difficult in today’s economy. Writing a great cover letter is probably the most important step you can towards landing the mental job of their dreams.

Why is letter writing a cover letter so important? It is the first thing a potential employer sees, and it will dictate whether or not the employer even looks at your resume. Mental Health? Even the being an american most polished, professional resume doesn’t stand a chance against a poorly written cover letter. How do you write a cover letter that not only a potential employer to read your resume, but also gets you invited for an interview? Writing a winning cover letter is not difficult if you follow a few simple steps:

Just like an employer won’t look at a resume that’s attached to essay, a poorly written cover letter, the employer won’t even bother to read the cover letter if it’s a messy jumble of text. Saitoti? To create a professional-looking cover letter, be sure to use plenty of white space. Mental Conclusion? You should have, at a minimum, one inch margins and double spaces between paragraphs. Follow the guidelines for writing a basic business letter and an american essay contest be sure to include a simple, text-only letterhead. Your letterhead should be the same letterhead that appears on your resume. This is your one and only chance to name drop, so take advantage of it. Potential employers want to know how you heard about the position. You should also identify the specific position that you are seeking, and state that you are applying for this position. Yes, it’s obvious, but cover letters follow a long-established pattern, and essay conclusion this isn’t the time to be a rebel. Finally, set the Examine growth, tone for the rest of the letter, and briefly state what you will be discussing.. If you have more than a few years of health experience in the field to which you are applying, your professional experience should be presented before your educational experience.

First, write a topic sentence that presents one unified idea. If you’ve held several jobs in this career, find the one aspect that these jobs have in common that will most impress your potential employer. You also need to link this paragraph to your educational experience. Similar to your employment paragraph, you need to develop one unified idea rather than simply presenting a list of all the schools you’ve attended and an american contest courses you’ve taken. Mental Health Essay Conclusion? Determine which aspect of your education is most important to the position you’re applying for and present it here. A fourth and even fifth paragraph may be added if you need to thesis, present additional relevant information. Essay? Just remember to develop one idea per paragraph, and to keep the saitoti entire letter under one page. This is your opportunity to tie everything together, leading the conclusion reader to invite you to an interview. You need to reference your resume and any other included attachments. Prof. Saitoti? In addition, you need to politely, yet confidently state that you wish to be invited to mental health conclusion, an interview. Finally, state the easiest way for the employer to reach you, referring to the phone number and e-mail address in your letterhead.

For important documents like cover letters, you need to go beyond your computer’s spell check and grammar check. Transfer Case Study? Place the cover letter aside for a few hours, or overnight if possible, and look at mental conclusion, it with fresh eyes. You might find errors that you didn’t see previously. As a final step, ask someone, who you trust will do a decent job, to proofread your cover letter. Now, you have a well-written cover letter that will hopefully lead a potential employer to read your resume and ultimately invite you to an interview. The rest is up to you! How to prepare for a winning job interview. In a competitive market for available jobs, potential candidates should put in the necessary time and effort to contest, make a solid impact.

You must simply accept that it’s a buyer’s market, the buyer, in this case is the organization. Essay Conclusion? Your first job as the thesis seller is to sell yourself. You need to health essay, stand out from the other candidates like a house with a shiny red door in a cookie-cutter neighborhood. Assume your resume and cover letter is in a pile on resume cover letter service a desk with plenty of others, therefore you must find a way to rise to the top. You need to put yourself in health a stronger position, instead of you trying to chasing the job, make them convince you to being essay contest winners, take it. Your mindset dictates the demeanor you portray. If you seem too desperate, you don’t make it to conclusion, the next step, however, too arrogant and doors will close. You have to put yourself in prof. george saitoti the shoes of the interviewer and determine your moves every step of the way. Spend about mental essay conclusion, five hours preparing for each hour of interview, you want to investigate how you can deliver value to the organization. By researching and essays on curriculum evaluation probing how you can make an impact in the position, you are going beyond the mental health essay conclusion canned responses of most candidates. Your resume should announce that you are qualified for the position.

After the interview, you want to leave the impression that you can start the job tomorrow. You want to contact somebody who does the same job at the organization or similar enterprise and ask several questions. It’s a must that you discover the current challenges for george saitoti, the position within the health conclusion organization and the industry as a whole. The next step is succeed where so many candidates fall short, you want to being essay contest, show initiative by suggesting ideas for the position. Hiring managers have so many job functions to perform, by proving that you not only did research concerning the position, but proposed suggestions, you show tremendous potential. You would be surprised how those that have been performing the job for mental conclusion, years have not expressed such aptitude. Be prepared to essay contest, go beyond lip service, you want to essay, demonstrate the homework you have done. Reaching out to a current employee performing the an american essay contest winners same job function puts you over the top. Don’t be shy or feel like you are intruding. Many employees have innovative ideas about how to perform their jobs better, tap into essay that information for free and then add your own spin. Use the power of being contest imagination to stand out from the mental health essay conclusion crowd, everybody else is going to be following the same job interview tips that get recycled over the web.

If you want to make a lasting impression, you must put in the sweat and resume effort. Find someone who you can practice with until it comes out natural. Landing an offer in a tough economy requires considerable effort. If you can demonstrate you can make an impact in essay conclusion your interview, your name will rise to essays on curriculum evaluation, the top of the pack. Copyright Curriculum-Vitae.In 2013 - Contact : webmaster curriculum-vitae.in. All the essay conclusion Curriculum Vitae templates are at your disposal without any guaranty.

The use of these Curriculum samples is at your sole risk.